Safari is starting to whinge about how many tabs I have open which means it is time for another post.
- Ripple-UI is a cross-platform, mobile web application emulation environment. From RIM. Could be something interesting.
- Tips From Our Codebase To Help You Write Reliable Selenium Tests has nothing I don’t violently disagree with. And makes me think we should just add Implicit Waits to the Se Server and be done with it.
- WebDriver does not support Sizzle’s extensions to the CSS standard. As it rightfully should not. But it you really want to, you can do something like Creating a Sizzle CSS Selector handler for Selenium2/WebDriver in Java.
- One of the things that Sizzle adds is :nth. Instead, we should likely start to think about is :nth-child. Useful :nth-child Recipes
- Follow Up to Maintainable Automation ends with A long-term automation strategy isn’t just about writing great tests that help you deliver awesome software, it’s also about keeping your sanity as your software and tests evolve.
- On the PageObject Pattern attempts to write up the Page Object Pattern in ‘proper’ Pattern format
- CI systems are all about communication. And desktop monitoring apps can assist in that. And if you are using Jenkins then Jenx seems neat
- How to use RobotFramework with the Selenium Library is a step-by-step tutorial for getting your first automated specification working.
- rsel provides a Slim fixture for running Selenium tests, with step methods written in Ruby.
- Slides from the latest SFSE..
The new Testing Pyramid is great.
- Reliable tests with Selenium WebDriver
- Slides from a webinar I gave yesterday.
- I’ve seen a lot of keynotes. Most suck, this one doesn’t.
- Improving developers enthusiasm for unit tests, using bubble charts is just cool
- Google Chrome joins Simpletest Selenium framework for Drupal
- Have a hard time finding unique CSS Selectors? CSSelectify Firefox plugin to help you locate unique CSS Selectors on a page could help
- Don’t use IDs in CSS selectors? has some insight into how CSS actually work.
- An Experience Report: Feature Toggling — which of course you should be using to turn off all the 3rd party crap that slows down your site during runs.