Half a century!
And because I am late doing this, the Selenium Test Day for Addons.Mozilla.org — which is today! gets top billing. Its actually going on Right Now. Looking to practice script writing and/or up your profile? This is a great way.
And now for the usual stuff.
- .NET Headless browser options looks at various options that might be available to you if you want something like HTMLUnit but for .NET.
- CSS vs. XPath is one of the great talking points in the Se community. And until now there hasn’t been any hard information to support the claims. Why CSS Locators are the way to go vs XPath now solves that problem.
- Heuristics For Creating Automated Regression Tests as recorded from a IWST session late last year
- Functional Testing with Selenium WebDriver and Scala. Don’t think I’ve ever actually seen that language before.
- Here is a useful StackOverflow question – How to add a JUnit 4 test that doesn’t extend from TestCase to a TestSuite?
- ‘Pushing the boundaries of User Experience Test Automation’ slides from the STEP-AUTO conference. Not that useful without Julian in front of them, but check out slide 17
- The Current State of Jenkins deck is interesting, but slide 9 specifically is what the Se community could learn from.
- Need to add automation hooks? Have a look at the data- attributes. Why, oh why don’t I use these more?
- People should write more spelunking post like Spelunking Selenium in Search of Sockets
- I’m doing a webinar for PushToTest on Thursday. Haven’t done one of those before…
- A Continuous Delivery video from the London Test Gathering — I really wish I had time to watch videos these days.
- If you are using Python’s unittest module, then PyJUnitXML is going to help prevent you from re-re-rewriting the ‘ant junit xml’ format
- Traits is a bit of a type system for Python. I think.
- Not that I use any of these, but this seems like a nice tutorial on JBehave, Spring MVC and WebDriver
- Looking for Snake Oil? I present to you Snake Oil
- twin looks rather cool. Now all it needs is the same language support as WebDriver and we might have a tight way to deal with the desktop and browser
- So who is going to add a link to Logging Selenium 2 Events in Twist or similar to the Se Documentation?
- The page object gem could help with adoption of this pattern. Or could hopelessly confuse the pattern with the gem’s implementation of the pattern. Based on past experience, my money is on the latter.
- The Architecture of Open Source book has been released and includes a chapter on Selenium by Simon Stewart. Buy it from this link, not Amazon — all royalties are going to Amnesty International and Amazon takes a huge slice